The City of Bradford’s Office of Economic and Community Development (OECD) has been aggressive over the past two decades in undertaking a number of community development projects to improve the overall quality of life in the area.
Past community development projects have included:
- Colonial Heights new housing construction.
- Onofrio Street revitalization and new housing construction.
- Elm Street Neighborhood “Project Pride” improvements.
- Kessel Athletic Field/Callahan Park & Ice Rink Improvements.
- Tuna Valley Trail Association Community Trails projects
- Pine Street Revitalization.
- A four-phase “Gateway” Improvement Project.
- Hanley Park Renovation.
Current projects include:
- Neighborhood Partnership Project (NPP) in the 2nd Ward neighborhood, which involves house rehabilitation, housing construction, infrastructure improvements, new curbing/sidewalks, and improved security in the area.
- A three-phase Main Street Streetscape project, which will include new sidewalks, curbing, improved ADA accessibility, new lighting, trees and landscaping. Construction for Phase I is scheduled for Spring, 2018.