The City of Bradford’s Office of Economic and Community Development (OECD) has been aggressive over the past two decades in undertaking a number of community development projects to improve the overall quality of life in the area.
Past community development projects have included:
- Colonial Heights new housing construction.
- Onofrio Street revitalization and new housing construction.
- Elm Street Neighborhood “Project Pride” improvements.
- Kessel Athletic Field/Callahan Park & Ice Rink Improvements.
- Tuna Valley Trail Association Community Trails projects
- Pine Street Revitalization.
Current projects include:
- A four phase “Gateway Improvement Project” – Phase III (Elm Street) is scheduled for construction in 2016 and Phase IV (Davis Street from Elm to Main) is scheduled for 2017.
- Neighborhood Partnership Project (NPP) in the 2nd Ward neighborhood, which involves house rehabilitation, housing construction, infrastructure improvements, new curbing/sidewalks, and improved security in the area.
- Hanley Park Renovation.